( Doors: 7:00 pm ) SHOW: 8:00 pm PDT
Notes on Seating: The Jack London provides two options for ticket purchasers. Reserved Seating is purchased on a table-by-table basis in the central part of the venue and is only available for select shows. Seating in the General Admission section is limited, first come first served, and may be standing room only.
LE VENT DU NORD
Since its inception in August 2002, Le Vent du Nord has enjoyed meteoric success, performing well over 2,000 concerts over 4 continents and racking up several prestigious awards, including a Grand Prix du Disque Charles Cros, two Junos (Canada’s Grammys), a Félix at ADISQ, a Canadian Folk Music Award, and “Artist of the Year” at the North American Folk Alliance Annual Gala.
The group exhibits great finesse and flexibility, appearing regularly on Canadian, American, French, and UK television and radio, and participating in a wide variety of special musical projects. They’ve collaborated and performed with a diverse range of artists including: Harry Manx, Väsen, Dervish, The Chieftains, Breton musical pioneer Yann-Fañch Kemener, Québecois roots legend and master storyteller Michel Faubert, the Scottish folk band Breabach, singer Julie Fowlis, and the trans-Mediterranean ensemble Constantinople.
Not content with standard approaches to tradition, Le Vent du Nord has also created a symphonic concert that, according to Voir Montreal, “puts all traditional folk naysayers to shame.”
On stage these 5 musicians create intense, joyful and dynamic live performances that expand the bounds of tradition in striking global directions. This is the modern sound of tradition, a music of the here and now.
- “A classy & rousing set by Quebec Folk heroes” – 4 STARS – THE GUARDIAN
- “Leave a positive feelgood feeling all over the body .” – LIRA MAGAZINE
- “Exceptionally skilled, exceptionally experienced, and exceptionally entertaining”. – SING OUT!
- “Sur toute la ligne, 53 minutes de pur bonheur. EXCELLENT. ” JOURNAL DE QUÉBEC
- “Québec couldn’t hope for better advocates of its folk music . Top of the world selection.” – SONGLINE MAGAZINE
- Top Ten Folk Albums of 2009 – BOSTON GLOBE
- Top Ten International Albums of 2009 – LOS ANGELES TIMES